Friday 8 May 2015

Hong Kong Museum Pt2: Hobby and Toy Museum

Intro

This is my second series of the Hong Kong Adventure museums. This time around I will explain a little about the Hobby and Toy Museum.


Hobby and Toy Museum

Ok, I will be very honest, I wasn’t really looking for the Hobby and Toy Museum. I was in the vicinity, wandering around on my the first day in Hong Kong. I started my slow walk from my hostel in Mongkok, then made my way south towards Avenue of the Stars.

Sometimes, you have to be lost to find your way. This is what happened to me when I stumbled upon the Hobby Toy Museum. 

However, you don’t need to. The Hobby Toy Museum (or the Hong Kong International Hobby and Toy Museum) is closely located to the Yau Ma Tei MTR, just about 10 minutes walk or so.

map


But the museum itself is pretty hidden. What seems its back door was actually the front entrance!


DSCN4406

Now, I don’t have much information to share as I did not enter the museum itself (Oops!). Mainly because I was lost and the door fee was HKD$30. Too think about, I kinda regret that I did not go in.

The museum as per on its website is committed to studying, restoring, preserving and display toys in Hong Kong. That’s really cool. I mean where would we be without our childhood.

You may find more information under About Us section on the museum’s site.
http://www.hktoymuseum.org/

The museum is opened daily between 1:00pm-6:00pm and on closed Tuesdays. On Tripadvisor, many have enjoyed seeing array of toys displayed here.

If you have been here, tell me more through the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment