Sunday, 26 July 2026

24 July 2026 - Jazz Night at Esplanade

 

I attended a jazz Meetup at Esplanade. It was probably my first social Meetup in almost ten years.

 

I won't pretend I wasn't anxious. Even after arriving at City Hall, I managed to get lost inside Esplanade before finally finding Tomatillo and the group. It has been awhile since I came here to the Esplanade.

 That view of the Marina Bay Sands, always gets me.

 

 

It was early, so I stood watching on the open air stage. I missed this place.

  

But once the music started, something changed.

Listening to live jazz with Marina Bay as the backdrop reminded me how much I missed evenings like this.

 

 

 I met new people, enjoyed some wonderful performances, and even tried my first Modelo Negra. It packed more of a punch than I expected! 

 

The biggest thing I took away wasn't the music or the food. It was the feeling of being out in the world again.

 

Sometimes the hardest step is simply showing up. I am glad, I did. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment